Your privacy is important to me. That’s why when you share your personal information with me, I take precautionary measures to keep it safe, and will not share it with any third parties.
Here’s what I’m doing to keep your personal information safe.
This document was created with the help of a template from SEQ Legal (http://www.seqlegal.com).
Collecting Personal Information
Stylings + Stories may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views, and website navigation paths)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name, email address, and website)
- Information that you provide to us when using the services on our website, or that is generated in the course of the use of those services (including the timing, frequency, and pattern of service use)
- Information relating to any purchases you make of our goods and/or services or any other transactions that you enter into through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address, and card details)
- Information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name, your profile pictures, and the content of your posts)
- Information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication)
- Any other personal information that you choose to send to us
Before you disclose to us the personal information of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using Personal Information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used to:
- Administer our website and business
- Personalize our website for you
- Enable your use of the services available on our website
- Send you goods purchased through our website
- Supply to you services purchased through our website
- Send statements, invoices, and payment reminders to you, and collect payments from you
- Send you non-marketing commercial communications
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require the newsletter)
- Send you marketing communications relating to our business (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications)
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to our website
- Keep our website secure and prevent fraud
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our website
We will not, without your express consent, supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International Data Transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Personal information that you publish on our website or submit for publication on our website may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
Security of Personal Information
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of changes to this policy on our website.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
Our website includes hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites.
We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our website.
You can delete cookies already stored on your computer. Deleting cookies will have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
This website is owned and operated by Stephanie Hall. Stylings and Stories is registered in British Columbia, Canada. Our principal place of business is in Vancouver, British Columbia.
You can contact us using our website contact form.